Lawrence County Firefighter's Assoctiation County-Wide Meeting
Cash on hand: $132.50
Paid McNeil and Company $948.00 on 11/8/2014.
Paid Shawswick VFD $77.94 for fire prevention.
Pledge of Allegiance was led by Allen Huffman.
Prayer was led by Bob Brown.
Luke Kluender made the motion to accept last month's minutes and it was approved.
Sheriff Sam Craig:
1. Discussed if the road closure reports that are being sent out are ok.
2. Discussed the 3min delay on EMS runs. Levi Keith said the Fire Chiefs are working on an overlay to use on the Fire House software to show the closest VFD to the emergency scene.
3. Told every one he enjoyed working with us and this was his last meeting with us.
Valerie Luchauer EMA:
1. Discussed the 800mhz radio changing over to the P25 network. Your radios need to be P25 compatible. If your 800mhz radio is not compatible it will not work on this network.
2. If you want to keep using the 800mhz radio's you need to fill out her form. If you do not want to use the 800mhz radio you need to give them back to Valerie.
3. Sheriff department is getting new radio frequencies.
4. Discussed we need to go digital with our radios.
5. Discussed we are getting AFG grant for more training.
1.Discussed the bad quality of radios.
- Valerie Luchauer found out there are other area frequencies that are over lapping our frequency which is interfering with our radios.
- Because of the narrow banding of radios more repeaters are being added which means more over lapping of these frequencies are to show up.
1. Discussed a January Fire Fighting 1 and 2 modular class.
2. Discussed that district testing will be online.
3. Discussed if you do not pass your test you have to wait 2 weeks before retesting.
4. Discussed there will be a mobile fire class on Tuesday, you only need to be mandatory trained you do not need the mandatory certification.
5. Discussed the District Coordinator meeting is December 2nd.
6. Discussed the new S and T class may be held in February in the new format. The class will be shorter and more scenario based.
1. Discussed and agreed there will be a golf scramble for 2015.
1. The golf scramble will be on the 2nd weekend in August.
1. Discussed IVFA's petition regarding the issue of not being able to be a Volunteer FF and hold a public office.
2. Discussed we need a Miss Flame candidate for our next meeting . http://www.ivfa.org/missFlame.asp
3. Discussed if you know someone you want to nominate for the Global Award you to turn them in by January 31st.
4. Discussed the next IVFA is Wednesday, December 10th , at Marion Township VFD, Meal at 6:30 pm Meeting at 7 pm.
5. Discussed the IVFA convention is at the Horseshoe June 10th – 13th. http://www.ivfa.org/annualConvention.asp
1. Thanked IU-Health for putting on the EMR classes.
2. Kammi Kern says that IU-Health is going to try to have one EMS class a year.
1. Discussed the Supporting Heroes dinner. http://www.supportingheroes.org
1. Made motion to keep our meetings on the same dates. All were in favor of keeping our meetings on the same dates.
Schedule for 2015 LCFFA meetings
50/50 winner was Darren Godsey who won the two survival bags and $29.00.
Next meeting is at Shawswick VFD January 26th.
No meeting in December.